Social Commerce is a POWERFUL marketing modality that is a game-changer for your business or brand. Using social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are no longer “nice to use” social sites, but they have become a necessity for today’s marketers who want to compete for online commerce. We call it SHARE and EARN marketing.
Whether you’re in a traditional business, Direct Sales, Network Marketing, or any other business that requires building relationships with other people and business owners, using Social Networking as a business tool can cause your business to explode!
1. Complete Your Personal Profile: An incomplete profile can cause you to lose some great traffic. Start by making sure you upload a professional image of yourself that expresses YOU, the most important brand you will ever represent. Remember; first impressions make a difference. Next, if you are using LinkedIn, for example, be sure to completely fill out your resume and include hobbies, areas of volunteerism, awards, etc. People who search for things in common could find you simply based on your hobbies, past work experience or even social causes you care about.
2. Create a Business Page : After you fully complete your personal page, create a business page and link the two together. There, you can publish valuable content to both your business and personal pages that set you up as a leader in your industry.
3. Import Your Contacts: Most social sites now make it easy to import your current email contacts and connect with people you already know. By importing your contacts, you can network with people from your past and exchange information easily.
4. Get Social: Start joining groups and communities that interest you. Whether it’s networking groups, home-based business communities or hobby related, get in and get social to start networking with others. The best business clients are those “powered by relationships” so start socializing immediately and make new friends.
5. Get Personal: Instead of just sending “friend” requests, take time to send a short message and make the connections personal. If you see someone you went to school with, don’t just send a request, send a private message or note and leave a lasting impression.
Who doesn’t love to be noticed? Take time to “LIKE” other people’s posts, retweet their comments, and brag on their achievements. SHARE your praise of them and soon you will EARN their trust and build a solid relationship. LinkedIn even gives you a great opportunity to endorse the skills of others. Take the time to endorse people when you have the opportunity and you never know, it may earn you a nice endorsement in return from them.
Remember, “Give and it shall be given.” The more interest you give others, the more interesting you become as well. Be truly authentic with your connections in social media because today’s LIKE could be tomorrow’s YES to your product or brand.